Senior Backend Engineer
This job offer is expired
Abl’s dynamic school scheduling platform makes it easy to design and manage the daily life of your school. Our simple, cloud-based tools work alongside your student information system and eliminate the need for spreadsheets, magnet boards, and stacks of papers.
Our first product is a next-generation Master Scheduler that simplifies and streamlines the entire master scheduling process. Developed in collaboration with secondary schools from around the country, Abl’s Master Scheduler is a smart, flexible platform that enables school leaders to quickly visualize tradeoffs and meet the unique needs of every student and teacher.
We’re looking for a Sr. Backend Engineer with experience building large-scale distributed systems, and also with solving large-scale optimization problems.
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and software engineering
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks like Ruby on Rails
- Experience building large scale distributed systems and networked services
- Help set the direction of our company and product
- Measurably improve student outcomes
- Improve the lives of teachers
- Help spread new, innovative school models
- Give schools greater visibility into how they use their time and resources, enabling them to better support their students and teachers
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.