Senior Backend Engineer
Abl’s dynamic school scheduling platform makes it easy to design and manage the daily life of your school. Our simple, cloud-based tools work alongside your student information system and eliminate the need for spreadsheets, magnet boards, and stacks of papers.
Our first product is a next-generation Master Scheduler that simplifies and streamlines the entire master scheduling process. Developed in collaboration with secondary schools from around the country, Abl’s Master Scheduler is a smart, flexible platform that enables school leaders to quickly visualize tradeoffs and meet the unique needs of every student and teacher.
We’re looking for a Sr. Backend Engineer with experience building large-scale distributed systems, and also with solving large-scale optimization problems.
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and software engineering
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks like Ruby on Rails
- Experience building large scale distributed systems and networked services
- Help set the direction of our company and product
- Measurably improve student outcomes
- Improve the lives of teachers
- Help spread new, innovative school models
- Give schools greater visibility into how they use their time and resources, enabling them to better support their students and teachers
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow