Senior Software Engineer (m/f)
This job offer is expired
Freeletics has built a lean team of amazing engineers. As a Senior Software Engineer (back-end) you own a vital element of our system. You drive the implementation of features of different complexities and ensure they contribute to a great user experience. You bring a strong opinion to the table and are excited to get involved with product planning
- Identify performance bottlenecks, challenge opinions and propose solutions, including the development of caching strategies and proof-of-concepts for new architecture solutions
- Drive integration of existing and new business partners while ensuring high data quality
- Develop and implement an effective unit testing strategy to drive code quality
- Work closely with our technical operations team on automated deployment and monitoring using Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Actively participate in team knowledge sharing in an agile environment as well as contribute to the external community through meetups, open source contribution or community coaching
- Work closely with our data science team for cross collaboration to develop Freeletics coach from the backend
- Significant experience in Ruby on Rails, in addition to functional language programming using any of the languages like, F#, Elixir, Erlang, etc.
- Effective communication skills and comfortable working in an agile/scrum, cross-functional, and autonomous team environment
- Experience using Github as a collaboration tool with an engineering team
- Experience in testing methodologies, e.g. RSpec
- Hands-on approach with CI/CD
- Advocate for clean and performance-driven code
- Team player, strong collaborator and happy sharing knowledge with the entire engineering team