← Back to all jobs
Lead Ruby on Rails Engineer
This job offer is expired
C3Backflow is looking for an experienced team lead ruby on rails software engineer who is passionate about solving complex problems with code. We’ve taken a novel approach to building business software — focus on the end user — and it’s been working! Our users love us. Come help us build a product that makes backflow management easy and rescue 10,000s of people from the jaws of clunky, outdated software.
What you’ll be doing:
Lead Ruby on Rails product development. Our existing app needs additional features, integrations and to scale as we add additional customers. Lead the ongoing efforts and improvement within a growing team. Drive good developer behavior and best practices within the team.
Integrate & work with our new mobile application in react-native and developers to ensure we have the best experience for our customers.
Who are you?
- You’re passionate about writing clean, concise, well-tested code, but you’re also a pragmatic problem solver
- You follow the best practices for the technologies you work with and understand why
- You love learning new things and teaching others about them
- You stay up to date with the latest technologies and probably have sites like Hacker News or Coding Horror bookmarked
- You operate without ego to discuss, learn, grow, and help others do the same
- 5+ years as a full-time software engineer
- Strong analytical and performance optimization skills
- Strong experience with AWS or similar cloud-hosting platforms
- Experience shipping platform changes in high-throughput scenarios
- Experience designing and implementing complex systems integrations
- Strong knowledge of Ruby/Rails and related tech (jQuery, Redis, Rspec, etc)
Nice to have:
- Experience leading an engineering team
- Experience working with other departments to understand complex business goals and how that will impact implementation of systems integrations
- Experience with React or React Native
- Build and ship new features and services critical to our customers
- Write clear, maintainable, scalable code across multiple projects
- Write and maintain tests to ensure long-term quality of our software
- Lead architectural/planning discussions for new feature endeavors
- Establish best practices for the team in terms of code/query performance
- Analyze application, job, and query performance using top of the line tools such as NewRelic
- Identify and resolve issues contributing to site or service unreliability within the Watts technical ecosystem
- Take part in blameless retrospectives that help elevate the team and individuals to grow their engineering skills
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product managers, and designers to solve complex and interesting problems
- Facilitate professional growth of team members and transparency in pursuing success together
You may also like
Senior Software (Founding) Engineer Tatchup Inc.
Senior Fullstack Engineer RemoteLock
Senior Software Engineer FlyData Inc.