This job offer is expired
We are seeking to change the world. Literally.
Creatubbles is a safe-for-all-ages social platform focused on creativity. On top of the Creatubbles platform that now has users in more than 50 countries around the world, the “Share with Creatubbles” partner solution provides out-of-the-box safe social community engagement for brands of all sizes. With strong operational connections in the East and the West, Creatubbles presents a unique opportunity to be a part of a truly global team.
In a world with information ubiquity, rapid developments in intelligent technologies, and geo-political fluidity and fragility, it is clear that human creativity with depth and empathy amongst our future generations is becoming increasingly important. We see human creativity as a critical life skill that can and must be developed, nurtured, and celebrated. Creatubbles is being developed as a platform to do just this.
Creatubbles seeks to connect the dots between natural human creativity, technology, and business to inspire and bring out the best that exists in all of us, including our youngest and most vulnerable.
We are looking for a Back-end Developer who is fundamentally excited about this challenge and who has the skills, experience, and understanding required to help make our dream a reality.
As a Back-end Developer at Creatubbles you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and our users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. A solid understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
QUALIFICATION / ABOUT YOU
- Experience working in a few companies/environments on at least 2-3 different products (for at least 1-2 years each) building complex user facing applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Securely storing and processing personal information is extremely important to us and our users. You have extensive proven experience dealing with this.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
REQUIRED COMPETENCE AND SKILLS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Scalability issues and performance improvements are what you like to eat for breakfast!
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
A COMPATIBLE MINDSET AND APPROACH
- You insist on clean code that leads to beautiful user interfaces
- You have experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Empathetic, and energetic, and intellectually curious
- Passion for great user experiences and have a demonstrated track record of developing features that users love (and which drive KPI’s!)
- Confidence to explore and try with the humility to ask questions
- Understanding of and fundamental interest in the trends and disruptive impacts of technology and how they can be used to innovate for our users and partners
- Passion for problem solving
- Grit and perseverance
- Ability to see what Creatubbles not just for what it is but what it can be with the understanding and practical ability to bridge the gap between the two systematically
- Deep understanding of the interactions and growth dynamics inherent in successful social platforms
- Experience working on large scale social platforms, creativity applications or platforms, and/or on innovative 21st century education / learning solutions
- Compensation package and structure negotiable based on experience