Ruby Developer (m/f)
This job offer is expired
Software development is your passion and you’re especially keen on developing web applications in Ruby? You want to work on a product used by other tech companies, making the lives of software developers around the globe easier? Then join our team!
We are a startup that helps developers worldwide to internationalize their software. PhraseApp automates time-consuming, manual translations, accelerates regionalization and thereby makes software available to more people worldwide.
- As a full-stack engineer you will work on advancing our entire platform (API, Command Line Tools, IDE plugins and much more) with a strong focus on Ruby but also with other technologies such as Go, Elm, Elasticsearch etc.
- Always use best practices in your code as well as mentoring others to do the same
- Think creatively and work outside the box – we love sharing ideas
- Work pragmatically and keep a high level of productivity
- Share your knowledge in regular Brown Bag sessions
- Follow and improve our agile processes with weekly sprints and daily deployment
- Take part in pair programming and code-reviews to optimize our code quality
- Experienced in building web applications in Ruby on Rails
- Skilled at writing clear, concise and performant code with unit and integration tests
- Familiar with git and GitHub
- Ability to collaborate with others (also cross-functional) to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German big plus)
- Motivation to help shape our team and our product and take responsibility
- We are driven by our desire to build the best product on the market to make life of other developers much easier
- We follow the holacracy approach, allowing for a strong involvement of each
individual, efficient communication and high personal responsibility
- We organize regular team-wide hackathons and invite the developer community for tech events (usergroups etc.)
- We let you choose your hardware
- We like working together as a team with a long-term perspective
- We want to get things shipped, but without the hassle over arbitrary deadlines. After a productive day we all have time outside of work to enjoy life’s other pleasures