Engineering Team Lead for NYC Fintech
You will be one of the first 30 employees of a growing company that has originated over $100M of loans. As an equity partner in the Company, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your entrepreneurial muscles to plan and implement new technology that improves the Company’s ability to deliver value at scale. This includes being part of the senior leadership team that plans and implements the Company’s strategic software roadmap.
What you will do:
You will work closely with the CEO and founding team. You will work with stakeholders and help guide our growing team of engineers toward solving problems that are critical to our growth. This will include customer-facing, operational, and technical infrastructure solutions. As a leader on our team, you’ll help maintain and evolve our engineering culture by coaching individuals to achieve their very best.
In this role, you will:
- Be an active member of the team writing and pushing code.
- Help define technical scope and requirements.
- Lead continuous improvement on processes and communication.
- Review code and help maintain our codebase.
- Iterate with the team endlessly and provide regular feedback to teammates.
- Lead technical decision making and work with product managers to communicate next-steps for the team.
While this is a leadership position, you will be expected to be an active member of the team, writing code and maintaining a deep connection to the technical direction and decisions of your team.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to establish credibility through your contributions.
- 5+ years of hands on experience building web applications, preferably in the payments/Fintech space.
- Proven experience leading technical projects and delivering on ambitious goals.
- Deep knowledge of engineering processes, their underlying principles and tradeoffs.
- Recent hands on experience with both consumer facing, enterprise software, dev ops, horizontal scaling, concurrency, security, design and optimization of software and databases.
What we value:
We value transparency, teamwork, results and continued learning. We support personal and professional growth by creating an entrepreneurial culture that rewards those who push the bar higher for themselves and our company. We support continued learning with annual continuing education allowances of $4,000 per engineer.
We're on a mission to restore communities around the country by providing innovative financial products, services and technology to real estate developers who take the ugliest house on the block and turn it into one of the nicest. More than 50% of the US housing stock is 35 years or older, meaning most houses need significant repairs to meet the needs of modern buyers or tenants. We provide the financing needed to bring these homes back to their former glory.
- Base Salary commensurate with experience.
- Healthcare, dental, vision, commuter benefits.
- Stock options based on experience and salary.
- Performance based bonuses.
- Continuing Education Allowance
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow