Sr. Backend Engineer
This job offer is expired
Platphorm is small, stable, profitable, and growing company. We were founded in 2009 by industry veterans with successful startup track records. Headquartered in vibrant downtown San Francisco (right next to Muni/Bart), we have global operations staff in six different countries. Platphorm builds a soup-to-nuts system that allows businesses to build scalable, reliable, marketplaces where buyers pay sellers for information delivered by voice, mail, chat, video, SMS etc.
Our system is a sophisticated Rails platform with a great breadth of technologies to explore and master. We've got the building blocks of an e-commerce site. Now add real-time communications and a comprehensive suite of internal management tools. That's us! We have also adopted a Continuous Delivery process.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone who wants to become an integral part of a small upbeat engineering team that’s having fun building things, and to push them to do even better!
Someone who knows good design, who’s not scared by scaling.
Someone who can take a project spec and run with it (but knows that discussing design with the team before running too far is the better move). And if you’re not quite at that stage yet, someone who’s open to being mentored and willing to ask questions.
- Strong CS fundamentals
- You must be curious and an excellent problem solver
- At least 4+ years of software development experience
- A full-stack developer with familiarity of either: React or Ruby on Rails (so if you’re a React .NET gal or guy - you’re a good candidate!)
- Comfortable working on dating-type websites (adult content too).
- Health/Dental and Vision Insurance
- Great work/life balance
- 13" MacBooks and computer monitor provided
- Adjustable work desks
- Snacks and Friday Happy Hours!
- Great location Our San Francisco office is steps from the Powell BART/Muni station!