Ruby on Rails Software Developer
This job offer is expired
Sevatec, Inc. is seeking a talented Software Engineer to support the implementation of Digital Innovation and Development at a Federal agency. The right candidate will be a talented Ruby on Rails Developer who has a passion for programming, possesses a good understanding of agile practices, and desire to join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver first-class software.
- The Ruby on Rails Engineer will work in a fast paced collaborative and agile environment, following Scrum/Kanban methodologies, to build custom Ruby internal and public-facing applications.
- Write clean, maintainable, reusable, reliable, and efficient Ruby code; Design robust, scalable, secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle - architecture, design and development, user experience development, documentation, unit testing, delivery and maintenance
- Analyze software requirements and provide solutions. Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of software product development. These activities will include communication with the user community during requirements analysis, prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
- Provide software development support for the prototyping of analytical tools, data management and user interfaces to databases, and computational utilities.
- Supporting the evaluation of implementation results. This includes evaluating progress and results of projects to examine compliance with the client’s Architecture, result effectiveness, and execution efficiency; analyzing problems; making recommendations
- Responding to and troubleshooting incidents, both for end users and applications.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting performance of the system as necessary
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associates and/or 5+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails development
- 3+ years of experience in Agile development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in conjunction with an underlying database like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL is preferred.
- Experience with Test Drive Development (TDD), continuous integration, Scrum, Kanban
- Proven working experience developing applications using modern, open source web frameworks and tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Understanding of Section 508 Compliance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a government agency Suitability Clearance. DHS clearance preferred.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow