Engineering Team Lead (Ruby on Rails)
This job offer is expired
Customer Lobby is a start-up in downtown Berkeley, founded by entrepreneurs with a proven track record of building successful, profitable companies! Our automated retention and marketing software analyzes our clients’ data, uses AI to predict which of their customers need service, and reaches out to them with personalized postcards and emails. We are seeing explosive success in a market that technology has often left behind, and feel proud to be helping services businesses grow.
We are looking for a dynamic Team Lead to help the Engineering and Development Team in building out enhancements to our core product. We are entering our next phase of growth and this is an excellent opportunity to join our management team. This is a player/coach role. You will be tasked with managing the day to day operations of our engineers while contributing your software engineering expertise to our core web and mobile applications. This includes; collaborating with our engineers, product development and motivating our development team to move quickly and accurately.
- Supervise the technical contributions of onsite and remote team members.
- Contribute code to help team meet deadlines and expectations (~40% of weekly time)
- Allocate stories to ensure optimal resource allocation.
- Manage release timelines collaboratively with the VP of Engineering.
- Wear the hats of Release Manager and Scrum Manager.
- Mentor existing team to improves skills and provide managerial support.
- Contribute to the performance, scalability and stability of the user experience.
Experience and Skills:
- 4+ years of full-stack development Fluent in Ruby / Ruby-on-Rails.
- Experience in Elixir/Phoenix.
- Knowledge of modern front-end frameworks like React.js REST and JSON APIs Cloud systems (e.g. AWS or GC)
- Agile/Scrum Experience managing and working with remote teams.
- Passionate about Test Driven development and a champion for testable code.
- Able to deliver high performing scalable applications.
Compensation, Benefits, Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Great benefits
- 17 paid days off and your birthday as a holiday!
- Monthly company paid activities (i.e. happy hour, parties, etc.)
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
Our office is located in downtown Berkeley, within a block and a half of the BART station. Our mostly open-office space has floor-to-ceiling windows, a ping-pong table, weekly lunches, and talented and collaborative co-workers.
Customer Lobby is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org