Senior Backend Developer (Remote; Ruby on Rails)
This job offer is expired
Scott's Cheap Flights is the world's leading flight deal alert platform.We're obsessed with helping people travel more often and discover new destinations by finding unpublished sales, mistake fares and incredible deals on international flights.We live for the moments when we uncover deals on routes like San Francisco to Hawaii for $177 round-trip (usually $900) or New York to New Zealand for $245 (usually $1,500).Since opening up our platform to the public in 2015, we've grown to over 1,000,000 subscribers around the world, in large part by word of mouth.Join us and do the best work of you life:We’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our fully-remote team and take a leadership role in building our next set of products and features.If you're happiest and do your best work working remotely, alongside a small team of developers with a ton of ownership, autonomy and room for growth, Scott's Cheap Flights might be a great fit.Curious to learn more? Check out Scott's $1,000 round-the-world journey: https://vimeo.com/241553169As a Senior Backend Developer at Scott's Cheap Flights you will:
- Build apps, features and tools for our 1,500,000+ subscribers, as well as our internal teams (Flight Search, Customer Advocacy, etc.).
- Take concepts, wireframes, and designs from idea to prototype or product and everything in between.
- Work closely with the growth team to design and run experiments, as well as implement tools and services to help us maximize the effectiveness of our website.
- Design and develop REST APIs.
- Ensure our systems scale and can support our rapid growth.
- Collaborate with other team members and foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence in our engineering team.
Required skills & experience:
- You love getting your hands dirty and taking ownership and responsibility for the products you're working on.
- You have a solid understanding of performance and scalability of Ruby, Rails and web apps.
- You’re experienced writing automated unit tests (integrated and functional test experience is a valuable bonus).
- You have strong relational database modeling skills and can drop into SQL queries generated by an ORM to troubleshoot.
- You’re comfortable and effective working autonomously on a fully-remote team primarily during US-timezones.
- You’re an exceptional communicator, both verbally and through writing (we’re a remote team and frequently work asynchronously).
- Be a team player.
- Embrace change.
- Advocate for subscribers.
- Communicate clearly.
Perks and benefits:
- 100% remote company -- no soul crushing commute required.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Unlimited time off: We are a travel company, after all!
- Health insurance (for US-based employees).
- Equipment: We'll make sure you have the hardware you need to do your best work.
- Family leave: 3-months paid time off to take care of your new baby.
- Our team is distributed around the globe and as a remote-only company we have all of the infrastructure in place to work well both synchronously and asynchronously including Slack, Zoom, Google Team Drive, Geekbot, etc.
- Since we don't have any offices, nobody accidentally gets left out while the rest of the team huddles in a conference room or water cooler.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow