Ruby on Rails Developer
This job offer is expired
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We currently have an opening for a Ruby on Rails Developer in Barcelona, Spain.
A challenging task
As a member of our talented team, under Agile Development methodologies, your focus will be the development and maintenance of our Ruby on Rails web-based Recruiting or other Professional Products.
A convincing background
- Experience and passion, expertise and development in Ruby On Rails and MySQL.
- Testing (Unit Testing / TDD / BDD)
- Constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change.
Team spirit and will to share knowledge with other experts.
Fluent in English.
- Experience with modern web technologies across the whole stack: React, Backbone JS, Marionette.
- Regular contributions to open source projects.
An inspiring environment
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Regular innovation weeks
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Flexible compensation plan, if you wish to diversify and increase your net salary: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Spanish / German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- 26 + 4 working days of holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and we also organise public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups.
Check our Blog https://tech.xing.com/ and BCN Twitter account! https://twitter.com/xing_bcn
If you think you're too junior or more senior, do not hesitate to contact us anyway!