Senior Backend Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
This job offer is expired
Are you a Ruby on Rails expert? If so, we want you on our team.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to lead the development of our next-gen backend. Our user base is growing fast (currently on its way to 500k users) and we're struggling to keep up with the demand. As the Backend Engineer at Hackster.io, your role will be to find solutions that will help us scale smoothly and get them implemented.
Most of the work will be in our Rails/PostgreSQL/Heroku stack. Expect a fair amount of DevOps too.
Who we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience using Ruby on Rails and doing backend work
- Strong Ruby on Rails skills
- Agile learning ability
- Rigor and the ability to abide by clear design rules
- Ability to thrive individually and as part of a team
- Bonus points if you're a maker yourself
- Advanced knowledge of technical standards, principles and concepts.
- Solves highly complex and unusually challenging technical problems.
- Works virtually independently toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives
Why work for Hackster.io, an Avnet Company?
- Small friendly team, big individual impact
- Peaceful startupy office in downtown San Francisco
- We are doers and makers.
- Hacker space in the office filled up with the latest hardware dev boards
- Office stocked with snacks and drinks based on your preferences