Senior Backend (Ruby) Developer - Learn AI & ML - Cleo, London
This job offer is expired
About the company
Cleo, is on a mission to simplify money for the new generation. They have built an intelligent and engaged financial interface that is changing the way people relate to their money. No one is looking at AI and finance like this in the market! Their unique application already has 150,000 dedicated users countrywide, and is growing internationally. They are backed by some remarkable investors, and managed to raise a £2 Million seed round last year, and are on track to raise a substantial Series A early this year.
They are a small agile team of technology specialists with a laser-like focus on the product – everything they build has a purpose and provides value.
Cleo are now looking for an ambitious and passionate Senior Back-End Engineer to help them on their mission to simplify finance for a generation.
What you’ll be doing:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a product that thousands of people use every day, something that has a positive impact on the way people manage their finances.
As part of a small team, you will be working on diverse and interesting tech challenges including:
- Machine learning: from categorising transactions to understanding natural language and spending patterns.
- Payments and savings: calculating auto-saving amounts and working with payments provider to enable secure, easy payments
- 90% of your time will be building new features and improving existing ones. We love getting features into users’ hands early, learning and iterating. We're exceptionally data driven.
The ideal candidate should have experience with most of the following:
- 8+ years’ experience, with 3+ years in Ruby
- Prior experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to show upwards progression in experience
It would be beneficial if you had the following:
- FinTech experience
- Experience with big products over small, high traffic over low
- Strong academic qualifications
What’s on offer?
They are offering an attractive salary, along with equity and bonus, as well as the following perks:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working when needed, with the option to work from home twice a month
- A lovely loft office a stones’ throw from Old Street tube station
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need and they will seek them out for you
- Cleo socials and red wine-filled retros every week
- Fresh fruit deliveries, London’s best coffee, as well as other snack-based perks
- Regular lunch-and-learns and plenty of books on hand, as part of their general learning culture