This job offer is expired
We are the leading online marketing partner for Swiss SMEs. With local.ch and search.ch we offer the greatest reach of all the directory services in Switzerland (approx. 3 million users per month). In addition, we are the largest website operator and the number one in the field of digital booking Solutions.
We are looking for a
Your responsibility is end-to-end, from planning, implementation, testing to maintaining your code after deployment. You are part of an experienced team of engineers, working with product owners, specialists and other departments. New features are implemented and deployed in short iterations and your contributions and ideas are always valued.
Since we are running one of the biggest web sites in Switzerland, you get a chance to have a positive impact on millions of users within your first day.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Delight users with a great experience
- Develop responsive web applications (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- Assist product managers in understanding audience (A/B tests and data analysis)
- Transform mockups/designs into cross browser web applications
- Help us improve the engineering tool chain and process
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ideally 3+ years professional experience in web software development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side MVC framework required
- Can demonstrate skills in developing rich web applications
- HTML and CSS (HAML/SCSS a plus)
- Experience with JS frameworks like AngularJS, React or similar
- Understanding of cross-browser development, testing and bug fixing
- Advanced understanding of HTTP protocol and principles of REST architectures
- Experience with containerized deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, ...)
- Comfortable at a Unix command-prompt
- Confidence with using Git
- Excited by challenging problems, addicted to shipping features to production
- Fluent in English. German/French is a plus
- Join an experienced international team
- Deploy great applications to millions of users daily
- Solve interesting problems and create new products and services
- Develop with your preferred hardware: a MacBook Pro or Lenovo notebook and a large external display
- Hackdays and fun projects: time to work on your own ideas
- Office in Zurich West, close to the Limmat
- Free fruits, coffee, tea and a leisure zone (foosball and ping pong tables, arcade games)
You work in an ambitious team, but are also able to execute tasks autonomously. Would you like to give your best? We are looking for personalities, who realise their full potential and take their success into their own hands. Have we found you? We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Important: We are currently only able to consider candidates with a valid permit to reside and work in Switzerland..
Direct applications are given priorityJetzt Bewerben
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow