Full-Stack Rails Developer
This job offer is expired
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to build from the ground up a Rails fintech project that will enhance our online platform and make an impact that will be immediately appreciated by our end-users and your colleagues throughout the company.
We expect technical proficiency but what we are really looking for are developers who recognize that a successful project extends far beyond the code they write and depends on the people involved and the culture and practices they promote.
Our compensation package includes full medical, dental, and vision benefits.
HN Hiring Summary
FormulaFolios | Full-Stack Rails Developer | Costa Mesa, CA | ONSITE Full-Time | $80k-100k
- Eager to solve problems and make life easier for others both professionally and personally.
- Experienced building web applications with Rails and at home in the Ruby ecosystem.
- Comfortable at the command line and using Git.
- Well-practiced in writing insightful code comments and helpful documentation.
- Serious about security and quality.
- Sucks at multitasking but excels at organizing, prioritizing, and finishing tasks.
- Passes pre-employment background screen.
- Appreciates checklists and automation.
- Experienced building Ruby gems.
- Familiar with DevOps: provisioning Linux servers for web applications and automating deployment.
- Knows how to use Google and StackOverflow effectively.
- Respects the Zen of Python and seeks principles that will improve oneself and one’s peers.
- Intellectually curious with an affection for the absurd and an aversion to brogrammer culture.
- Collaborates harmoniously with others and contributes to success of organization.
- Embraces Agile methodology, clears aggravations, and promotes well-being.
- Writes quality code supporting FormulaFolios websites and enhancing FormulaFolios brand.
- Improves project tests and documentation.
- Serves advisors, investors, and staff across the organization.
- Builds professional knowledge and hones skills.
- Works a regular full-time schedule at our new Costa Mesa office.
One 30-minute phone or in-person screening:
- 10 minute overview of position and team.
- 20 minutes discussion of candidate interests and qualifications.
- At the end, candidate will be asked: do you wish to interview in person?
One 90-minute in-person interview:
- 40 minutes discussion of requirements and responsibilities
- 45 minutes coding challenge (on a laptop, not a whiteboard)
- 5 minutes answer questions and review next steps
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow