Digital McKinsey - Software Architect/Tech Lead
This job offer is expired
Who you’ll work with
You’ll work with Digital McKinsey in one of our North American offices.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What you’ll do
You will work collaboratively in small teams and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications.
In this role, you will employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. You will help combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
As a Software Architect, you will be a core member of the team with responsibilities that range from driving the architecture design and technology decisions for shaping the next generation products for various internal teams to ensuring that we stay on the leading edge of technology. You will also be responsible for leading multiple development teams while delivering best in class enterprise grade software solutions across a breadth of different platforms and technologies.
You are a flexible and adaptive architect, who effectively communicates with the development team, and successfully understands the business needs and translates them into best in class enterprise solutions.
- 7-10 years of experience in software development and architecture of various solutions
- Engineering practice experience such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
- Demonstrated track record of successfully understanding the business requirements and designing realistic and effective solutions
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Familiarity with testing frameworks such as RSpec, JUnit or Selenium
- Undergraduate or master’s degree
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Willing to travel up to 80%
Similar job offers in your area
Senior Rails Engineer AFAR MediaSan Francisco, CA, USJuly 11
Software Engineer, Growth snapdocsSan Francisco, CA, USJuly 10
Full Stack Software Engineer -- Revolutionary E-Commerce Brandless, IncSan Francisco, CA, USJuly 03
Software Engineer GreatSchoolsOakland, CA, USJune 18
Senior Full-Stack Engineer ValimailSan Francisco, CA, USJune 09