Senior Ruby Developer
This job offer is expired
We are looking for Senior Ruby Developers to join our new tech hub in Kyiv, Ukraine. As part of our engineering team, you will be working within a cross functional product team collaborating with Product Managers, Data Scientists/ Analysts, Designers and other Developers to develop simple solutions for complex problems.
What we do
carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before. Offering buyers crucial price confidence, a more convenient hassle free way to find and buy the car they want, and an altogether better buying experience. And it's great news for dealers too. Through carwow, our dealer partners sell more cars than they could in the showroom alone, while reducing cost inefficiencies and increasing stock turnover. This means they can pass on great prices to carwow buyers.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 170+ based in central London and Munich. We are backed by Europe’s leading VCs including:
- Balderton Capital (Betfair, LOVEFiLM, Citymapper, MySQL)
- Accel (Facebook, Spotify, Dropbox, Groupon)
- Vitruvian Partners (JustEat, Skyscanner, Trustpilot)
- Episode 1 (Zoopla, Shazam, LOVEFiLM)
- Samos (Ocado, Betfair, PKR)
We’ve raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better.
What about the product teams?
We're growing and we need to add additional skills and thinking to our Product teams. We like people who speak up and want to work within a truly collaborative environment. You’ll be collaborating with people from different departments, who make up your product team.
Our Development teams work within a fluid Agile environment with occasional pair programming. Well structured, readable code and a strong emphasis on TDD are key to us here.Our site has over 2 million unique visitors per month, usability, data science & analytics and performance are key to us in order to remain competitive in the modern tech scene.
We are pro-OpenSource here and actively encourage our Developers to keep up to date with the latest tech trends. We can’t promise that you’ll be working with the latest Angular framework or whatever might be trending at the time but if it makes sense for the business and it will improve our products then our question is “Why not?”.
- Significant previous experience of working with a dynamic web-based programming language (e.g. Ruby, Python, or PHP)
- Proven experience of TDD
- Proven track record of thinking through and delivering technical solutions for business problems
- Experience of working as part of an Agile product team
- Experience of leading projects
- Experience of building and scaling web applications
- Good communication skills - you can you get your idea across verbally in a manner that developers, analysts, product managers and designers will all understand.
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and social benefits
- Work in a super friendly, truly open minded team with a family-like vibe
- Free English lessons with excellent native speakers
- Active office life with ski trips, movie nights and pancake breakfasts