Internal Application Developer
This job offer is expired
Solium is growing and needs developers to help maintain and improve their internal tools.
Do you want to own an internal Rails application that helps reconcile the money movement approaching one trillion dollars for ten million users? Do you you want to join an international team of over 100 developers and help support and scale build and automation efforts?
You can develop and script in a handful of languages, and aren't afraid to pick another up if you think it's the right tool for the job. You're super pragmatic - you want to deliver value, quickly, to people who work with closely. You can figure out the best testing strategy to make sure what you're building works and won't break, without slowing anyone down.
Things we believe:
- Results matter, not the clock.
- Code and technology are what we use to solve problems, not the whole of our job.
- Continuously Improving, learning everyday through pairing, Lunch and Learns and mentorship.
- You are passionate about about what you do and you take pride in your craft.
- Great programmers are great programmers whether they work in Java, .Net, React Native or C++
- Free tools are great unless they aren't the best. We use high-end Linux workstations with big monitors and tools like RubyMine and the Atlassian suite to keep us in the zone.
Things we like:
- Prior experience with production large-scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with technologies we use (Ruby on Rails, Linux, Jenkins)
- A hunger for tracking down root causes - no matter how deep the rabbit hole
- A BS in CS is appreciated but not necessary with the right background
What you'll do:
- Be customer focused - learn about the business to help bring value to our customers
- Work with our Reconciliations Team and Product Team to figure out how you can best enable them
- Own the internal solutions end-to-end - Use your experience to help the whole team get better
What you'll get:
- Market rate salary based on experience
- An amazing on-boarding experience on Shareworks, Dev Culture, How we do things and even "reforming" you from .Net to Java
- Participation in annual bonus plan and stock incentives
- Share Purchase Plan with company contributions (we are public and profitable!)
- Casual Environment - we aren’t a bank, they just happen to be clients
- 20 Paid Days off + 11 stat holidays (and 4 week sabbatical after five years)
- The occasional spontaneous Nerf War
If you've read this far and you're thinking "I want to be a part of this", we agree!
Just send an email to email@example.com with Internal App Dev Applicant in the subject and we'll talk about how your career is about to get better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow