← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
We are Leaf; we transform businesses with bespoke digital products and services that let them serve their customers better, faster and at global scale. We're very young, but have already worked with some pretty cool brands. Having smashed our first two years, we're now looking to grow our team.
About the role
We're looking for a highly intelligent and driven Software Engineer with solid leadership and communication skills. Your role will be split between hands-on engineering and project leadership:
- Product engineering: You will work on all parts of the stack, from configuring web services and writing APIs, to setting up continuous integration and building buttery smooth front-ends with React.
- Project leadership: You'll be managing the development of software projects, leading other engineers and communicating directly clients to deliver quality work.
Written communication skills, a drive to self-teach and the instinct to take an independent lead on projects are critically important in this role. You will be supported gladly, but will not always be hand-held through your day.
We want you to be excited about being a key part of growing a small business into a recognised and respected brand, and growing yourself into one of the most senior members of the business. If that doesn't excite you, then this job isn't for you.
We're looking for
- Ability to lead: We won't ask you to be anyone's manager, but we will expect you to lead projects, orchestrating development work.
- A natural communicator: Being able to articulate your point to technical and non-technical people alike is everything.
- A product mindset: You'll need an appreciation for your users, and a sense of duty around building great products.
Although we're technically based in the UK, we all work remotely. As such, we're open to anyone able to work with a good amount of crossover with a European time zone.
To apply: Tell us a bit about yourself and why you'd be a good fit, along with a CV (or set of online profiles) and some examples of your work at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply now