Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
This job offer is expired
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You're passionate about building excellent products, not just excellent code. Your mission is to collaborate with the team/client to take new products from idea and vision to functional code.
First and foremost, we are makers. We are a team of designers, engineers, and product strategists who care deeply about creating meaningful things. After 8 years and more than 250 projects launched, we know how to get the job done.
As a digital innovation firm with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, and New York City, we help organizations and entrepreneurs validate and develop their promising ideas through agile design, rapid prototyping, and software craftsmanship. Whether it’s to reduce costs, explore emerging markets, or improve the customer experience, we apply a startup mentality and toolset to deliver meaningful progress faster than our clients think is possible.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver working code that exceeds the expectations of the team
- Evaluate and select appropriate tools and technologies for projects
- Participate in code review
- Determine and implement appropriate automated testing solutions given the constraints of a project
- Actively participate in an agile development process, including contributing to story creation, estimation, daily standups, etc
- Actively participate in a lean product development process (influenced by Lean Startup, Lean UX, etc), including bringing the engineering perspective to design activities
- Collaborate closely with nontechnical team members (design, product, client, etc)
- Interact directly with the client
- Setup and manage deployment environments (generally on Heroku, sometimes VPS)
- Support and extend existing codebases
- Support the sales team with project scoping and estimation
PLEASE DEMONSTRATE YOUR
- 2-4 years of professional (and relevant) software engineering experience
- 2+ years of hobby or academic experience with software engineering
- Serious experience building web applications with dynamic OOP languages
- Strong knowledge of software design principles and patterns
- Experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working on a team
- Flexible with tools and tech stack (we work with modern technologies and provide on-the-job training)
- Experience with VCS, particularly git
- Humor; because, in the end, working here should be fun
- Experience with Ruby and/or Python
- Experience with server-side MVC frameworks like Rails, Django, Phoenix, etc.
- Experience with iOS/Swift
- Consulting experience (independent or with a company)
- Experience building games and/or 3D worlds
- Strong understanding of automated testing at various levels of the system (unit, integration, acceptance), including experience with development practices like TDD and BDD
At Philosophie, we believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas lead to better products. We've designed our company to be responsive to employees: good ideas are heard and easy to execute on. We welcome people of different backgrounds and perspectives. We do not discriminate; we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories.
Check us out:Apply now