Siri Operations Engineer
This job offer is expired
DESCRIPTION: Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior level System Engineer / SRE to Join the Siri team at Apple. We are looking for and experienced SRE who understands and believes in the concept of infrastructure as code. The successful candidate will focus on developing and designing solutions to solve highly complex issues in a large scale, distributed system environment.
- Expert knowledge of the Linux operation system (OS, networking, process level)
- Understanding of one or more object-oriented programming languages (Java, C++)
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about being a part of a tight-knit Operations team
Description:The Siri SRE team is deeply embedded into the development process to ensure that new features are understood and able to scale before they are put into production. The team is focussed on automation and tools to accomplish our goal of filtering out the noise and only creating actionable alerts. Our team is responsible for all device facing Siri environments and we also are involved heavily in the architecture cycle. A successful candidate will have experience in being a Systems Administrator that has moved on to development and automation in their career.
- Operate Apple’s largest infrastructure supporting millions of Siri customers
- Troubleshoot complex issues across the entire stack
- Design and develop automation frameworks to handle production at scale
- Advise other teams (within and outside of Siri) on technical direction
- Make changes to our environment with the purpose of pushing Siri to the next level
Education:B.S. degree in Computer Science or 4+ years of programming experience or equivalent.
- Mesos compute platforms and job schedulers
- Java JVM performance tuning/optimizations
- Hadoop ecosystem (ZooKeeper, HBase, HDFS, Flume)
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 113403286COMPANY NAME: Apple Inc.Apply now