← Back to all jobs
Full Stack Engineer
This job offer is expired
We are looking for a full-stack engineer who is looking for more than just a job. We are a young company and need someone with experience that can help steer us in the right direction, technically speaking. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and take ownership as if it were your own.
Be comfortable with take a product from inception to production
We are building something from nothing, so you need to be comfortable with setting direction and getting things done. We want you to make solid recommendations on the technology we use based on your experience. We understand that passionate engineers love to try new technologies, as we embrace new technologies, but being a startup, we need you to recommend technologies that are best for the business. Technologies with a solid history, healthy community, reliable releases and clear documentation are more attractive than the hottest new technologies.
Believe in our vision
Our vision is to build a suite of applications, starting with disrupting the archaic tax industry. We want you to be as excited as we are about what we are building. Our product will be your product. Our product will modernize and simplify a process that is typically seen as complex and daunting.
Do not be afraid to wear a few hats
We all play a wide variety of roles and don't hesitate to get our hands dirty when the task calls for it. We embrace the agile framework and are constantly striving for better ways to get things done. You will work closely with and report to the Chief Operating Officer. We expect for you to grow with the company and assist in the growth of the engineering department.
What does "full-stack" mean to us?
We're looking for someone as comfortable with HTML5 and CSS3 as they are with their language and framework of choice on the server. You're familiar with ARIA and accessibility as well as modern browser compatibility. You're just as happy provisioning servers, scripting a release process, and designing a database as you are writing code in your language of choice. And you love automated testing and continuous integration. Ultimately, you appreciate that every decision we make has ripple effects that will be far-reaching through both the technology stack and the business.
Be a part of a team with healthy and supportive and approach to work
If you have a passion for simplifying the difficult things in life, we'd love to talk. IOOGO is remote-friendly, allowing you to be your most productive. We also know that life events may happen between the hours of 8 and 5, so we measure performance on results, not on hours worked. We offer paid time off and we will make sure that you have the equipment you need to do your job most effectively.
- Strong communication, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Contribute to all phases of the agile development lifecycle
- Participate in developing the best technical design and approach for new products or technologies
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code
- Write documentation for all code as it could set the tone for a lot of future work
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience with the full development life cycle from inception to production
- Any mature language and framework such as Ruby/Rails (preferred), Python/Django or C#/.net
- Experience with API design and development
- Experience with cloud hosting services such as AWS (preferred), Azure or Google Cloud
- Demonstrated experience working with continuous integration environments
- Knowledge and experience of automated and test-driven development environments
- Previous experience working in Agile / Scrum environment preferred
You may also like
Experienced Ruby/Rails Developer (Remote) Stack Builders
Ruby on Rails Engineer GovPredict
Senior Software Engineer 1bios