← Back to all jobs
Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
As a ProductPlan Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for helping design and develop new features and architecture for our industry leading product. Use test-driven development, code reviews and continuous integration to deliver high quality software, and fix bugs as they come up. We are looking for individuals who can help grow our team and product and share their experience in creating great software.
Our product stack includes Ruby on Rails, React and Postgres. We have a distributed team so you need to be comfortable with working independently. You will report to the Director of Engineering.
We have a balanced working environment that encourages you to have a life. We want you to work smarter not harder. Taking a break is an important skill in breaking through a problem.
You need to be in the US time zone. US, Canada, Central America and be fluent in English.
- Develop – new features and designs for our industry leading roadmap software
- Refactor – balance the best approach for refactoring and redesign as the product continues to grow
- Collaborate – work in small groups so we can move quickly and efficiently delivering high quality
- Communicate – work with Product and UX teams to ensure we are building features that work well for our customers and are delivered according to plan
Qualifications and skills we are looking for:
- 5 or more years of software development experience preferably developing SaaS software
- Ruby on Rails experience helpful
- Experience with SQL and least one RDBMS.
- Product management domain expertise is a huge plus.
- We’re a tight-knit team. Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams, as well as lots of positive energy.
- Bachelor’s degree or better, preferably in Computer Science, but there are lots of great developers with other degrees
Our development team believes in…
- Ownership - Our team looks for individuals who can be accountable, self directed, independent and adaptable.
- Lifestyle/Balance - You should work hard and play hard having a good balance because it’s a marathon and not a sprint.
- Communication - Being a virtual team, communication is a premium with Slack being a key tool for crossing physical boundaries.
- Craftsmanship - Pride in one’s work while creating simple and elegant solutions that are repeatable and consistent.
- Invest in ourselves - We believe in treating people well and growing their careers and skills.
You may also like
Mid-Level Developer Chronos Capital LLC
Lead Developer HubTran
Full Stack Ruby On Rails Developer Helpjuice
Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer Boatyard
Ruby on Rails Engineer GovPredict