Senior Backend Engineer
This job offer is expired
What you'll be doing:
- Helping to develop better architecture and establish ways for improving payment solutions
- Make improvements in our core product (Ruby/Rails) and help make it more lean and faster
- Work with a small Agile team and carry out server-side development
- Work closely with product & design to build and improve features
- Write and improve upon existing code with attention paid to performance & scalability
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design
- Contribute towards improving engineering culture and approach
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
What are we looking for?
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Some understanding of functional programming (knowledge of Go, Scala or Erlang is a plus)
- Understanding or some experience with ReactJS (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with TDD and BDD concepts and how to use them to write code that is well tested
- Passion for Continuous Integration
- Passion for developing fast, reliable and robust APIs along with beautiful, usable user experience.
- Enjoy working in a start-up and open environment
- Take pride and ownership in your work
- Have a good sense of humour and humble