Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
We're growing our team and we're looking for a Senior Engineer who would love the opportunity to join us full time in our Bowling Green, KY office (or remote). We’re looking for an Engineer with deep Ruby experience, has built high traffic applications, and like working in cross-functional teams.
You'd be primarily doing backend Ruby on Rails work, but we also expect that you’re comfortable working on the full stack. We'd expect you know how to write well isolated tests, you value pragmatic design, catch bugs early and care about writing good software.
Our sites receive millions of page views a week. Knowing how to scale software while striving for technical excellence is a must.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing clean, well thought out and reliable code.
- Lead small, functionally oriented projects containing team members with different skills and levels of knowledge.
- Mentor other devs on the team as needed to improve the team as a whole
- You'll work on big projects as well as small maintenance tasks that support our business needs.
- We don't have testers or sysadmins (yet) so you'll be ensuring your work is production ready and deployed.
- At least five full years experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Extensive understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL.
- Strong debugging skills. When something isn’t working, you rise to the challenge and are able to analyze and fix the issue.
- Ability to take ownership of a project, and make it your baby.
- Excellent online communication skills (Slack, email, hangouts).
- Ability to ease yourself into an existing codebase instead of having to always rewrite everything immediately.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and implement solutions that fit into the existing architecture.
- Have strong, self-informed opinions when it matters.
- Ability to mentor less senior devs, and help the team build products efficiently
- AWS Experience (EC2, Kinesis, Redshift, RDS, S3)
- Interest and experience with languages besides ruby. We love ruby/rails, but we want to always use the right tool for the job. In the future we may build services in other languages (such as Elixir/Phoenix!)
- Demonstrated body of work that proves technical expertise and leadership
- Ability to self-regulate priorities and understand trade-offs of various technical implementations
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow