This job offer is expired
GreenSync are growing and have opportunities for Developers of all levels as well Technical Team Leads.
We are looking for people to work on real life problems and find solutions that effect change to the future of energy in Australia and around the world.
Here are a few reasons that you might find a role at GreenSync interesting:
- You’ll be making the world a better place by helping the grid utilise energy and infrastructure more effectively so we can rely less on old technologies such as coal
- You’ll be working on interesting technical challenges and solving interesting algorithmic problems
- You’ll be working for a well established and growing start up that can affect change in the real world.
- You’ll get to work with a passionate team who love what they do.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be working on our cloud-based suite of products, building tools for automation, data management, analytics, forecasting and optimisation. It’s a complex business domain in a rapidly changing area, so you’ll be having plenty of design discussions, building things from scratch and applying existing technology in new ways. You’ll be part of a tight-knit team that moves fast, but also values peer-review and quality highly. We do weekly releases, continuous integration and have a pull-request-oriented peer-reviewed workflow. Continuous improvement is a key priority at GreenSync, and you’ll have input into both the product and the process.
Working here you can expect to work with some or all of the following:
- Ruby with and without Rails
- SaSS/CSS, HTML5
- Git and GitHub-based workflows
- RSpec, Cucumber, Watir-Webdriver, SimpleCov
- Rackspace Cloud and AWS
- Chef, Capistrano and devops ideas in general
- Management of medium to large datasets
- Stream processing, analytics, optimisation problems
- Algorithm optimisation, and immutable data structures
- Embedded Java technologies
And we’re open to hearing your recommendations too.