Software Engineer – Ruby or Python
This job offer is expired
Freeformers’ mission is to build a digital economy for all by creating the future workforce now.
As part of our mission, we recently signed a partnership with Facebook to deliver online training to 300,000 young people in six European countries. We are now building the platform for this partnership, an online application for people to learn about a wide range of skills, from empathy and ethical practice, to critical thinking and automation.
We are looking for talented software engineers of all levels of experience to join our team and help us build a learning application that assesses and tracks change in people’s mindset, skillset, and behaviours and helps them build a better career. The application will include interactions with a variety of videos, articles, and infographics, as well as evaluations through questionnaires.
Day to day
- Writing and shipping software to hundreds of thousands of users.
- Working as part of a collaborative, agile product team to help refine feature requirements.
- Writing and maintaining automated test suites for our applications.
- Contributing to setting and improving our engineering best practices.
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- A knowledge of Ruby on Rails, Python and Django, or similar technologies.
- A proven ability to write, build, and ship production-ready code.
- An understanding of automated testing and software quality.
- A broad knowledge of web technologies and web development.
- Happy to work across various products and services (web, frontend, backend, data processing).
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Nice to have
- Experience with running and deploying systems on AWS.
- Ran A/B tests or other experiments on fast-growing products.
- Worked on systems scaling to hundreds of thousands of customers.
- Worked with Learning Management Systems before.
- Enhanced holiday allowance.
- Company pension.
- Company-wide bonus scheme.
- Training budget to support your development.
- Employee assistance programme - including top tips on physical health, work life, wellbeing resources and more.
- Perkbox membership - discounted gyms, restaurants, cinema tickets and more.
Similar job offers in your area
SPTechnical Architect Smart Pension LtdLondon, United KingdomJune 18
Ruby Developer mGageLondon, United KingdomJune 11
Full Stack Engineer VinteriorLondon, United KingdomJune 06
Development Lead - Future CTO - Creator of Next Gen Platform Cygnetise LimitedLondon, United KingdomJune 05
Senior Software Engineer Funding CircleLondon, United KingdomMay 25