This job offer is expired
PRINCIPAL DEVELOPER - based in London
Paying an Attractive Salary depending on experience plus great benefits
Viribus have partnered with Bloom & Wild in search of a Principal Developer to join their exciting and growing team.
Bloom & Wild are the UK’s most loved online florist, who’ve created a flower experience unlike any other by innovating at every stage of the journey.
They're looking for a Principal Developer to lead their technology strategy, mentor their team of developers and ensure that they build a best-in-class e-commerce platform and customer experience. You’ll get the opportunity to work on the industry leading website and iOS / Android apps, powered by a stack which includes Angular and Ruby on Rails.
There’s stacks of room to make your mark by applying your initiative, expertise and experience to help realise their roadmap. You’ll be joining a young, close-knit team and get the chance to help shape how they work, and inspire others, while using the latest tools and technologies. This means exploring things like personalisation, voice-activation, AI and any other tools that help create the best possible customer experience.
You are a technical leader, with an in-depth knowledge of current and emerging web and ecommerce technologies. You have proven ability to both inspire and coach others, to communicate best practice to colleagues and lead by example. Working in partnership with the VP Engineering and Product Lead, you will help to define the optimum technical approach for projects and promote code quality and craft, while leading by example.
Being passionate about the product you’re building will be as important to you as the quality of the code you write, as will tracking the impact of the things you ship and iterating to continually improve the end-user’s experience. You’ll be eager to learn, fast-moving and pragmatic, favouring working and usable MVPs, and using real customer feedback to continuously iterate and improve our tech. You’ll have experience working with developers of all skill levels, using code reviews, pair programming and other techniques to improve the team as a whole. You’ll consider “how can I help the team deliver” above “how can I deliver work myself”.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being a subject matter expert and a hands-on expert in the full technology stack, development tooling and infrastructure, who earns respect as the technical authority figure. They are scaling rapidly so if you have experience scaling a technology stack then that would be a bonus.
- Ensuring that, as a tech team, they focus on pragmatically achieving the business goals using the best technical solution. Where compromises need to be made, you will work with the relevant team to ensure a plan is in place for dealing with those compromises and are able to clearly communicate the implications to developers and business stakeholders alike.
- Training and mentoring software developers.
- Setting and realising architecture direction, and providing technical leadership across the tech team (frontend web, native apps and backend).
- Ensuring that the tech team understand what good and appropriate engineering practices are, and that they are bought into following them.
- Writing, reviewing and supporting code across all aspects of our solutions - being hands-on is a key part of this role.
- Working with the team to ensure that quality is built in from the start.
- Evangelising Bloom and Wild in the wider technology community and encouraging your colleagues in the tech team to do the same.
- Working with others to set, communicate and steer the Bloom & Wild technology strategy.
- Help the wider business to understand their technology stack, strategy and constraints .
- You’ll have experience of working as a full stack developer, ideally on a customer facing product (e/m-commerce experience is a bonus) for a growing startup, and as part of one or more multidisciplinary teams.