Senior Backend Developer
This job offer is expired
We are seeking for a full-time backend developer to our Helsinki office to join our R&D team. You are a self-starting engineer with strong experience in developing sophisticated, large scale projects. We appreciate team players with a solid track record of projects and experience on a wide range of technologies. You should not be fixed on any particular technology, but always be eager to learn more.
As a software developer, you will be involved in every aspect of our product development process, from being a hands-on responsible for a product to brainstorming our next products with our team of design, technology, and marketing experts as well as coaching and science specialists.
- Work as a key member of our software development and design team
- Implement new functionality and take care of the existing system
- Take ownership of a given part of the product
- Participate in architecture planning with the team, and help us take our platform to it’s next stage
- Fluent in more than one programming language
- All stacks are different and so is ours so we don’t expect you to know every piece of it beforehand, what we expect is a willingness to learn the missing pieces
- Bonus points for being familiar with Ruby on Rails, Ruby in general, MySQL, basic building blocks of AWS, React.js, Vue.js, Redis, Elasticsearch, Solr and a mindset for automated testing (TDD, BDD, CD/CI) and automation in general
- Ability to understand, develop, refactor, and debug large and complex code bases
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and team work skills
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just “how we should build it” but also “what we should build”)
- Team player with a good cultural fit to our low hierarchy, fast-moving organisation, bringing positive energy to the teams you work with