Kindur Lead Software Enginer - Full-Stack
This job offer is expired
Kindur is reimagining financial wellness during retirement. Our customers are faced with a series of complex and interwoven decisions about replacing their income, making savings last, pursuing their bucket lists, and planning for eventual healthcare needs. We’ll give our customers peace of mind with a fully customized, predictable income for the rest of their lives.
We have a small but experienced team (coming from JP Morgan, Earnest, Oscar, and Capital One) and we’re launching our product for consumers in 2018. We’re backed by Anthemis and other leading financial and insurance technology investors.
You’ll be responsible for building our most critical systems and because we work in a regulated environment they need to be reliable, repeatable and auditable. You’ll have autonomy within a highly collaborative team and as part of our team you will:
- Own the development of core financial systems and customer workflows.
- Have lots of variety - running experiments with our UX lead, designing backend systems, contributing to our product roadmap are all in a typical day.
- Work closely with Product and Design teams to build features that delight our customers.
- Make architectural decisions that support security, availability and scalability.
- Ensure the reliability of production systems.
- Help grow a talented engineering team.
- Play a meaningful role in crafting our engineering culture.
We’re looking for someone who loves to solve worthwhile problems, values simplicity and has an ownership mindset. You will be effective if you have:
- 5+ years experience building web applications.
- Experience with Rails and React or a willingness to learn.
- The ability to make good design and architectural tradeoff decisions.
- Strong testing practices and principles.
- An appreciation for agility and pragmatism.
- Experience with continuous delivery and owning systems in production.
- Strong communication skills.
Why it’s exciting
We’re tackling a challenge that impacts millions of people, as pensions become less and less common, social security benefits decrease, and life spans and healthcare costs increase. Over 3 million Americans retire every year. These new retirees can expect to live 9 years longer than their parents on average, and 70% of them will end up needing long-term care at an average cost of $80k per year. Current options for planning for and navigating retirement are fragmented, confusing, and loaded with excess fees. With Kindur, we’re building an affordable, transparent, and ethical solution designed to meet the needs of those aged 50+.
At Kindur, you’ll be part of a high-energy, friendly, inquisitive, and passionate team. We also offer competitive compensation including stock options, health benefits, flexible schedules, and a convenient office located in NoMad (NYC).
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow