As a developer at CJP/IKON, you’ll work on a small, closely-knit remote-first team. We use a modern technology stack based on Ruby on Rails, created through test-driven development, and deployed from our CI platform to Heroku.
Our company was formed around the idea that despite radical technology transformation in many areas, there has not been significant innovation to the way decision-making is done for many, many years. Our platform changes that.
We are building a collaborative decision-building and auditing software platform for use by individuals, consumers, small groups & teams, organizations, and businesses. Through the organizing of information and collection of perspectives, the platform helps businesses & consumers and organizations & their stakeholders to better hear each other by exchanging - and making meaning of - stories. With our software, businesses & organizations derive higher quality intelligence and consumers experience increased satisfaction through better, more informed choices.
We have roles across the developer spectrum from product/front-end to application/back-end and are flexible about the mix of people that get us there. We also expect to build a team spanning the "junior" to "senior" levels with an emphasis on the mid (2+ years) and senior (4+ years) levels.
You’ll be expected to:
* use TDD best practices to build new features
* shape our product roadmaps by being data-driven and creative
* pair program with team members of different experiences
* understand and commit to Agile processes
* be a mentor when you have the expertise / Be a student when someone else does
* demonstrate self-discipline and focus
* excel at clear and respectful communication online and in person
You should be:
* proficient in Git
* able to demonstrate 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
* competent at integrating with 3rd party APIs
We'd like you to have one or more of:
* previous experience working remotely
* proficiency in SQL and data analytics tools
* expertise in search technology (Elasticsearch, etc)
* past work in a startup environment with a lot of autonomy
* leadership of a project, team or process
* devops skills (Heroku, CI, reliability engineering)
* Competitive salary and benefits
* The equipment and resources to do your job well
* Meaningful equity in the company
* Reimbursement options for classes or conferences
We are a remote-first development team with a home office in Philadelphia and team members spread across multiple US timezones.
We’ll reply to every application we review. We look forward to hearing from you!
*NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES* We also cannot sponsor visas of any kind.
To apply: We will only review applications that include a cover letter sent to email@example.com that includes a brief description about a recent technical success you had or a technical challenge you are working on. We also expect an attached resume in PDF (preferred) or that you include a link to an online version.