This job offer is expired
Location: Remote within the US or Oakland, CA (Must be eligible to work in the U.S.)Qualifications: We are seeking an independent, self-aware, remote-work experienced technical leader who:
- has strong and recent development experience in a large Ruby/Rails application codebase with an emphasis on delivering to production in their recent roles;
- has experience mentoring less experienced application developers through pairing, discussions, etc.;
- has production experience maintaining a production Rails "majestic" monolith into a service-oriented design;
- has experience being on-call for a production Rails application they contribute code to where the responsibility of on-call is shared across the team;
- has an interest or curiosity about in what is beyond delivering CRUD applications and why we might move that way;
- can clearly articulate their position on TDD/BDD/testing, etc.
- has experience integrating with third party APIs in Ruby;
- has an interest in learning new things
The above list is a set of highly desired attributes; we will evaluate each candidate as a whole. Tell us about unique skills, experiences, and attributes that you can bring to such a role that we may be missing and why it would be a benefit to the organization.
Daily Kos offers competitive salary, excellent benefits including generous time off along with paid maternity/paternity/family leave, employer paid medical insurance for employees, and a flexible work environment. You need to pick up your kids from school? No problem. You like to work out in the middle of the day? No problem. People love working here, and tend to stay for a long time. We have a great space filled with great people, and the atmosphere is energized by the day's news events and our common cause.
At Daily Kos, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective activists, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We're a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees. This position will be located remotely or in our Oakland, CA office.
To apply: Please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line, a cover letter telling us why you’re a good fit for this position, code sample or github repo, and resume (include your LinkedIn profile link).
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow