Lead Developer (Ruby on Rails)
This job offer is expired
About the role
We’re looking for a Lead Ruby on Rails developer to join as one of the founding team to build V2 of ImpactEd. ImpactEd is a unique digital platform that makes monitoring and evaluation easy for schools, supporting them in improving outcomes for pupils.
You’ll help to define the product roadmap, contribute to high-level decision making and receive mentoring from a CTO with 15 years’ senior tech development experience. You’ll be using your expertise to make a difference to the lives of thousands of pupils, joining an exciting tech for good initiative with considerable opportunity for growth and taking on leadership roles.
You’ll be part of an experienced team with a track record of success in technology and education, which includes the founders of education social enterprises The Brilliant Club and Researchers in Schools, and the award-winning digital agency Super Being Labs.
- Mid / Senior Fullstack Ruby on Rails Developer
- Salary: £50k with flexibility dependent on experience
- Contract role on a 12-month fixed term (with a view to permanent)
- Runway East (Moorgate) office - flexible and remote working
- 3+ years commercial Ruby on Rails experience
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Server Ops and maintenance experience
- Interest in education sector
Nice to haves
- Google Sheets API experience
- Atomic Web design and componentisation experience
- Product development, UX/UI and Wireframing experience
Why work with us
- Agile development environment with influence over product roadmap and decision making
- Autonomy and trust: we don’t micromanage
- Regular feedback and support, including from a highly experienced CTO
- Use your expertise to make a difference to pupils’ educational outcomes
- Range of technical challenges as we scale from thousands to tens of thousands of users
How to apply
Apply through a short cover letter and CV submitted to email@example.com. The final application deadline is 5th March, but early applications are strongly encouraged: we will review applications as they arrive and may interview before this date. You can contact Owen for more details about the role or an informal chat via the email address above or on 07891138036.
You can download the full application pack for more details.