Back-end Developer - Barcelona
At Workshare, we are looking for a great back-end developer who is proficient with Ruby to join our development team in Barcelona.
We are in the process of rebuilding parts of our infrastructure, our product Transact helps Law firms around the world manage complex multi-party transactions. This secure web application makes users more productive in a world were long complex documents and the detail within them flow and change over time. We make a difference in their world as we deliver software using Agile techniques, modern frameworks, TDD and Continuous Delivery. We want a process where we write code and tests, review the pull request and ship it to production, and do this many times a day!
In our culture, we encourage and care about learning new things, the quality of our code, good practices and software design.
You will be
- Developing new and maintaining features using Ruby or Elixir
- Building reusable components and libraries
- Translating designs into high-quality code
- Writing unit test for your code
- As you grow, mentoring other developers
- Strong proficiency in Ruby and object-oriented concepts
- Follow best practices like TDD, single responsibility principle, etc.
- Familiarity building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with code versioning in Git
- Any front-end skills in React.js or Backbone.js will be a plus
- Any back-end skills in either .Net or Java will be a plus
- Tribes and squads model
- Actively building and practicing Continuous Delivery
- Modern software development technologies like React, Elixir and Node
- Work from home once a week if practical
- 25 days’ holiday per year (plus 14 days’ bank holiday)
- Free tea, coffee and treats throughout the week
- Office with roof terrace ideally situated in the centre of Barcelona