Senior Full Stack Engineer
This job offer is expired
Emprove is seeking a kick-ass Full Stack Engineer (Senior/Lead) to join our Product Development team in Burlingame, CA.
Emprove has a deep passion for quality and we are seeing talent with the same values.
Come join our well-funded company and disrupt a $500B industry with cutting technology!
As a full stack engineer, you’ll work closely with our other engineers to build and ship key features. We are detail oriented and value clean, modular, and high-performing code. As an early engineer, you’ll directly influence our entire tech stack, from standards to frameworks to architecture. We love engineering-wide consistency in code and have huge ambitions on both client and server side.
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to develop and ship features
- Design, build and maintain our REST API’s
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable libraries and abstractions
- Design and build internal tooling to improve development efficiency
- Find and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate best practices to the team
- 3+ years of full-time engineering experience
- Exposure to front and back end architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Ability to design clean REST APIs and understanding of performance issues
- Experienced with software engineering best practices – design patterns, code reviews, unit and integration testing, etc.
- Ability to communicate technical specifications both verbal and written
- Command over front-end web technologies such as HTML, CSS, React
- Experience with database schema design, especially MySQL and MongoDB
- Solid CS fundamentals – including data structures and algorithms
Nice to Have’s:
- Knowledge of build systems configurations and setup - such as Webpack
- Understanding of security, common attacks, and defenses
- Experience with infrastructure, distributed systems, and deploying apps into a high-scale environment
- Experience building and maintaining open source repositories
This is not a 9-5 job. We're looking for ambitious engineers who are eager for a challenge and ready to jump in.
Interested? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org