Senior Ruby Engineer (Remote/Onsite)
This job offer is expired
We're not just another ride hailing company with a generic app. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has not only built a smart app and service but also created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our drivers to our engineers.
Since inception, we have experienced a growth rate of no less than 20% per month in worldwide rides. That is a pretty impressive growth rate in an industry as saturated as ours. So how have we maintained this success? Well, since day one we have worked hard to build a world class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo. We want to help people reduce their carbon footprint and encourage eco efficient services.
We operate in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Ecuador, Panama, Dominican Republic, Spain and Portugal. Our main competitor is Uber, would you accept the challenge?
About the position:
Our Product & Engineering teams are based in Madrid and Barcelona and include an eclectic bunch of awesome people. Right now we're working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up ready for innovative engineers to tackle and of course we have big plans to take over the ride hailing app service industry! You could be working on anything from migrating our internal systems from Ruby to Elixir, to working alongside the data team to understand user behaviour and build / make tweaks to cool new features. We have a lot of projects and teams to choose from.
- We're looking for an experienced Engineer who wants to make a difference in the world.
- Proven experience developing production applications (Ideally around 4+ years)
- Previous experience with Ruby or Elixir / OTP desirable
- Solid understanding of OOP and / or functional programming
- Passion for writing simple, clean and efficient code
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, agile startup environment,
- Bonus points if you have experience in monitoring and troubleshooting system performance
- Proactivity and attention to scalability, performance, availability and usability of our systems
- Senior candidates should be comfortable with complex git / github workflows (submodules, branches, forks, pull requests, merging, rebasing)
Perks that come with the job:
- Opportunity to work with a great tech stack. We're using Ruby, Elixir, Go, React, iOS / Swift / Rubymotion, Android / Kotlin / Java, Couchdb / Redis / etc ...
- Opportunity to experiment with new technologies if you think it's the best
- Various types of discounts on Cabify rides
- If you are working in Spain then 22 days paid vacation plus all the public holidays, 2 extra days off over the christmas period and half a day on your birthday or child's birthday. For remote workers this will of course differ and be based on the country that you will be working from
- Flexible compensation plan: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and children's daycare
- Regular team activities for you to unwind and relax with your team
- Flexible working hours
- Half days on Fridays so you can enjoy a longer weekend
- Working from home from time to time
- Continuous learning programs
- All the equipment you will need to work comfortably
- Pet room so you do not have to leave your dog at home : wink:
- Bicycle park if you like to cycle to work
Competitive salary based on experience: 40k-65k
How to apply
You can send your application to email@example.com or apply via https://cabify.workable.com/jobs/592878
Similar job offers in your area
Senior Back End Engineer (Ruby on Rails) LingokidsMadrid, SpainJune 29