Ruby on Rails Systems Architect (US or Canada)
This job offer is expired
We are currently seeking a Ruby on Rails Systems Architect. As a key lead with the Engineering team, you will be responsible for architecting, building and managing our client’s global cloud services and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate is analytical, highly organized, and self-motivated with a proven track record in delivering web technologies. Beyond strong technical skills, we are looking for someone with strong conceptual and information architecture skills who is comfortable working in both paired programming assignments and as part of a team.
- Understanding the customization hooks available in the platform.
- Determining the best way to implement client requirements given several implementation choices and provide estimates on level of work.
- Communicating requirements and implementation approach to developers.
- Defining the architecture, client environment and supporting tools needed to meet stated program or project objectives.
- Participating in efforts to create new standards, best practices and drive adoption across the technical team.
- Assessing new technology to determine its viability and applicability.
- Engaging in requirements gathering, estimation and story creation for new features.
- Deciding on core vs custom features and the ideal approach to achieve business requirements.
- Designing scalable software and systems architecture that supports customer growth.
- Service benchmarking, performance analysis and capacity management.
- Building software tools to automate infrastructure and release management.
- Ensures modular software design with an emphasis on reuse and simplicity.
- Experience with Behavior Drive Development (BDD)
- Solid working knowledge of the Ruby language and the Rails framework.
- Understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns and how they apply to Ruby.
- Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance
- Experience creating RESTful APIs for integration with mobile apps and websites
- Commitment to writing quality code through TDD - RSpec, Capybara, Phantom.JS
- Proficiency with Git as a source code management tool
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with an Agile-based work tracking system such as Atlassian Jira, Assembla, or Rally
- 5+ years of experience in managing teams and people
- Ability to lead through influence vs authority
- Solid understanding of one or more NOSQL databases - MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation
- Knowledge of AWS, iOS SDK, Android SDK
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow