Software Developer / Creative Technologist
This job offer is expired
We’re looking for someone to help shape the future of technology at Zeus Jones.
We are a business innovation and design company that solves dynamic, complex problems across a number of industries. We’ve always believed that actions speak louder than words, which is why we’re dedicated to pushing the boundaries of everything we make. Technology plays a key role in how we and our clients evolve, and we’re looking for someone to lead and shape that vision of the future.
What we’re looking for
The variety of projects that we encounter with our clients requires someone who’s not only comfortable with, but enjoys, lots of different kinds of challenges – things that could range from building functional business tools to creating experimental physical experiences. Someone who can work with and lead a client’s technical team but also has no problem building and deploying software of their own.
- Optimistic about the future of technology and its potential for humanity
- With a strong sense of design and usability
- Eager to learn new technologies and apply them effectively
- Able to articulate complex technical topics to clients and team members in clear and simple terms
- Comfortable taking a leadership role and communicating with clients often
- Experienced deploying production-quality, scalable, and secure web applications
- Experienced with various server-side languages but at an advanced level in at least one (Ruby and/or Node.js is a plus)
- Bonus experience: Raspberry Pi/Arduino/hardware, iOS/Android, animation, 3D, video, design
We welcome non-traditional, diverse perspectives in interests, culture, race and gender.
What you’ll do
Zeus Jones has a few internal web applications that have been developed externally. We want you to build on these existing tools and make them better, by conceiving and developing new features. We also want you to become a product, design, business, and technical lead for each of these tools, with the goal of turning them into viable products beyond our walls.
We want you to make technology at Zeus Jones into something that serves humans better. It’s a big job that includes a lot of different pieces, but it’s also a job that will let you create your own vision of what technology can do for us, our clients, and the world.
- It means you should have technical competency and imagination, using your passion for solving problems creatively and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
- It means you should be able to make tangible representations of ideas early in our process to help people see their potential and commit to making them functional realities.
- It means you should search out new ways to use technology to improve workflow, by supporting human potential with digital tools, both for us and our clients.
- It means whatever you want it to mean, if you’re passionate about it and it makes the work better.
Who we are
We’re approximately 50 people in Minneapolis with a wide range of experiences and expertise. We work with a bunch of companies whose names you’ll recognize, and we seek out opportunities to support our community with smaller and pro bono work, too. We don’t do timesheets, we don’t track vacation, and we’re not here to check up on you. We don’t have account people or bosses; we all work with our clients, collaborate, and trust each other to do the work well and take care of each other. We like to think we’re pretty fun, too.
Does this sound amazing to you, and maybe a little scary? Perfect.