Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
This job offer is expired
We are looking for multiple versatile and experienced Ruby on Rails developers to join our development team here in Seattle. A position on the Engineering team at Snap! Raise offers an extensive amount of ownership and influence over our development processes as we scale the largest team-based fundraising solution in the country. We’re building products that real people use every day. We’re looking for people who enjoy solving meaningful problems and love seeing the things they build in the hands of real users. Our Stack Overflow Company Page Responsibilities
- Design and build advanced features on one of a number of products here at Snap Raise, or help spin up completely new products.
- Consolidate feature specifications, design comps and user stories into a product that delights users.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and release new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Address and prioritize production level bugs and application performance improvements
- Continuously evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Be comfortable releasing production ready code on tight deadlines with high visibility
- Communication above all, do you know when to speak up and ask for help or feedback?
- Self-motivated and self-managing. The ability to take a feature or product through the full software development lifecycle.
- Empathy for users. An understanding of the differences between code and a product. A desire to build things that real people use every day.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to both collaborate well and also the ability to convey technical ideas and concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- The ability to understand business objectives and the trade-offs that must sometimes come to achieve them.
- An adaptable attitude and understanding of the agile methodology
- Ability to re-evaluate priorities on a tight timeline
- Self-motivated with a Team-First mentality
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience.
- Experience building out well-documented, well-tested APIs with Rails.
- An eye for good design. The ability to take a high-fidelity design and produce a pixel-perfect application to match it. The ability to estimate technical difficulty of designs.
- Experience with rich data visualizations using D3, MapBox or similar visualization libraries.
- Experience with Spree or a custom eCommerce implementation built with Rails.
- Experience with building and scaling bulk email infrastructure.
- Experience with integrating multiple payment gateways. Experience building solid, secure, PCI compliant payment/finance functionality. Experience developing a payment facilitator from the ground up.
Our Ideology as we Build, Create, and Innovate
- Our workflow is cut, dry, and efficient. Adaptation is key, can you join this process?
- We only work on the most important things at any given point in time
- We then break those things into the smaller manageable tasks for individuals to work on autonomously
- Individual's strong suits are considered in assigning tasks and accomplishing the collective team goal
- Every morning the team recaps progress and blocking points for about 10-20 minutes, directed by the team lead
- Communication is the upmost of importance, are you comfortable asking for help, and open to accepting constructive feedback?
- Formally and collectively understand once a MVP sprint has been completed, to reevaluate the next set of priorities. Sometimes as frequently as weekly.
Potential Roles For a Ruby On Rails Developer at Snap!
- Data Visualization/Reporting Engineer. We're looking for developers with analytical, structured mindsets to help us build out the products and reports that have a direct impact on company growth and direction. Data Science, data visualization, and/or reporting experience not required, but are all nice to haves.
- Product Engineer. We're looking for people who love to build full-stack, pixel perfect, beautiful, engaging, web and mobile products. People who are just as interested in building out a scalable async job system as they are working on CSS3 animations and transitions.
- Infrastructure Engineer. We're looking for someone to help identify and manage infrastructure-level problems. Database tuning/scaling, email sending infrastructure, identifying and resolving application scalability hotspots, release analysis and management, etc.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits Included
- Free Sports League Entrance: Yes we have company kickball & dodgeball teams!
- Orca Public Transit Card
- Quiet, dedicated, awesome work space environment with an amazing view of Lake Union.
- Relocation Assistance is also offered for the successful candidate.