OSS Senior Rails Developer For Solidus
You'll be focusing full-time on an opensource project as one of the lead maintainers. You'll analyze, discuss and code every day to make Solidus better, faster, stronger.
What you'll do
- meet with the Solidus core team to give project direction
- make pull requests to Solidus to maintain and improve the project
- write clean, high quality code with specs and no deadlines
- have daily conversations with the rest of the core team and one video meeting per week to coordinate work
- explore our private projects to find where Solidus is used and how it could be improved
- re-write Solidus' API with GraphQL
- refactor existing code to use a modular approach, so that Solidus can be used with other platforms, like Hanami or Sinatra
Who you'll work with
You'll work along two separate teams, mainly on Slack:
- Nebulab: a team of warm Italians that love coding, quality and good food. Have a look at the team
- Solidus: interact with the community of 2k developers hanging out on the Slack channel. Once a year meet the people in person during Solidus Conf
You'll also end up interacting with our clients to find out what are Solidus best and worst features.
- Ruby on Rails
- good English
- soft skills
Good to have skills
- GitHub contributions
What we offer
- 100% Remote work: You can work from one of our beautiful offices in Italy or remotely, as much as you want
- Paid retreats: We get together twice a year to work on our own projects, bond and chill out!
- Cheerful environment: You’ll be surrounded by people who love what they do and have a good time while doing it
- Top-notch equipment: We will provide whatever hardware (Macbook Pro, Bose or Sony noise canceling headphones and LG 4K monitor) and software you need in order to do your very best work
- Study Fridays: We only work for clients 4 days a week. Friday is dedicated to personal growth and demos!
- Paid conferences: Want to attend that conference? Let us know and we’ll pay for the trip, accommodation, and tickets
- Educational budget: We provide a budget for books, courses and anything else that will help you hone your skills
- Competitive salary: We believe in compensating people fairly, so we offer salaries amongst the best you can find
- Flexible work hours: As long as you’re doing great work, we really don’t mind if it’s a regular 9-to-5 or something else
- Mentoring: You’ll have a dedicated mentor who’ll cheer for you as well as make sure you never stop growing
What to expect at the job interview
We'll take a look at your CV and GitHub profile. If you have some code snippets or projects you're really proud of please send them our way so we can take a look at the code. We'll then have a call to meet and discuss your general interests, the stuff you've done in the past and what your ideal work day is like.
After the call we'll give you a Solidus pull request to work on (off-call). We expect you to send us a report after the PR is completed: things you liked, things you didn't, suggestions and how you got to the solution.Apply now