Backend Web Developer
This job offer is expired
At Freska, we are helping our customers make the most of their time, and our service providers to access regular, reliable work. Our software, which we build in-house underpins everything we do.
Our backend comprises a RESTful API written in Ruby on Rails. It takes care of all aspects of managing our customers and cleaners, and handles the little details like how to fairly allocate work and how our service providers bill us.
Our backend developers build, maintain and improve the API. They have to work closely with our frontend team, as well as the rest of the company to understand what makes a difference to the lives of our customers and cleaners, and how to implement it.
We would love to hear from you if you;
- Have experience either with Ruby, or in building for the web with another object-oriented programming language (Java, Python, or similar) and a willingness to learn.
- Have experience of test-driven development.
- Are excited about learning new things and putting them into practice
- Will make a positive contribution in building the company culture and operations
- Will work closely with other tech team members
- Are comfortable writing and speaking in English all day
We want to hear from people with all levels of experience, we understand that everyone has to start somewhere. If you match most, but not quite all of these, feel free to apply anyway.
The following are completely optional, but be sure to let us know if you have any of them;
- Experience with Docker, especially if it’s also with Kubernetes
- Experience with Postgres or PostGIS
- Experience with Elasticsearch
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow